Thursday 9 February 2017

Ramshackle Dwelling and Habitation

This week I also started and finished a piece for the SAQA Spotlight auction they will hold at the upcoming conference.

This is Ramshackle Dwelling.
6in x8in
Statement:
Another in my Ramshackle Series of houses and their accessories.
Trees, bushes, and chimney smoke.
This one in a subtle colour and with 'shades' at the windows
to reflect the contentment of a dwelling place.

They put these donations into a mat with an aperture which is 4 1/2in x 6 1/2in.

Last year, I sent Ramshackle Place off for the SAQA benefit auction. I wrote about it here.
I mentioned that I had to make a second one because I had issues getting the green chalk out of the first one.
So, fast-forward to 2017. Vanessa at Lady Sew and Sew wants some samples to display for the workshops I will be doing. When I had finished the one above, I remembered the failed one, which basically just needed a binding apart from solving the green chalk issue. I didn't want to make it Ramshackle Place 2 because it wasn't so great that it wanted a repeat!

As I thought about it, I decided to colour in the house purposely with green chalk and then rub it back. and since it looked good, I also did the trees/shrub.

12in x 12in

And so, Ramshackle Habitation is also finished! And it is enough different to Ramshackle Place that there is no worry about confusion.
It is also an example of how some of the pieces have a bit of colour added. Sufficient at least for a sample.

If you are interested in the workshop, you can find out info here.