Thursday 28 December 2017

I like Thankful Thursday

I like that we are home this Christmas for the holiday.
We have never put lights out in front before.

I like a dog who is happy to be fussed. If it means wearing a red ribbon, then more people will fuss you! Even if the rest of you looks a bit like a scruff most of the time.
Holly; the dog found at Christmas time. The rescue people thought she was part Patterdale Terrier. When her 1st mother got her from rescue, they were calling her 'Crackers' - like Christmas Crackers. But Her Mother said there was no way she was going to call out Crackers when she was out and about in the field or woods. So, she called her Holly. She doesn't look like a Holly, but never mind. She is a bit Crackers, though! I often call her Polly for endearment. Polly Wolly Doodle All the Day.

We took Holly on several years ago when Her Mother was diagnosed with lung cancer...she wanted to be sure of someone caring for the dog before she even started treatment. Her Mother is still actually doing well, but the cancer won't go away.

In the meanwhile, Holly fell in love with her new dad, and that was that. Holly has fits now and then, the first time she had one after we had her, I got down and held her and told her not to worry, etc. That is when I was adopted.
So, when Dad is not here, Mum is the best friend. and when A Certain Young Man is here, he is the one to follow because he is usually in the kitchen...food. But also because he is the one who will play rough and tumble. Only not too much, because she is starting to feel the aches and pains of being older.
And anyway, Holly loves to cuddle you (as long as you aren't disturbing a nap) and will come and lean against you when she needs/or when she thinks you need a hug.

I like that I don't really have to do anything this holiday. But I have been baking and making meals that will suit the caveman. and more baking. But mostly reading books.

I Like looking forward. These gifts are from people who know I like:
photos on calendars or words for the day
books and diaries to write in (and a calendar missed from the last photo)
Almost the day for writing in new diaries! And making new lists! Hurrah!

go see what the others like at Lee Anna's blog.

5 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Your door looks like an upside-down smiley face. :-) And yay for lights!

I've just updated my new calendars. There's something soothing moving things from one calendar to the next (and also seeing all that clean space!).

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy,
Aww, your Miss Holly/Polly/Crackers looks quite dashing with her red bow. I would follow the young man/food too . . . wouldn't you?!! I forgot how much I love new calendars for the new year! I'll have to add that to next weeks list - HAHA. Fresh new journal, new pages to make lists on, oh yes indeed! A new year; a new gift. Happy New Year to you and yours. ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your dog is so very sweet. Love her red bow. Yep follow the food, no self respecting 4 legged canine would not do that. Great calendars, and journals.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a sweet dog! Sounds like she is perfect for your family!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Holly is adorable and you are blessed to have her! Have a wonderful day! Cheers!